We are here to extend our lives by THINKING DIFFERENT

Saturday, November 22, 2008

1st Visit

Well I'm thrilled to report that I have started the TIGER II study - the 2nd Phase III trial of Inspire's Denufosol.

If you want to read about the TIGER I results, the 1st Phase III trial check out: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/126926.php

So today was the inclusion/exclusion visit. So they did the "what meds are you? what is your genotype? when were you diagnosed?" stuff. They also did:

  • Blood Test
  • Urine sample (test for pregnancy)
  • Basic PFT (make sure FEV1 > 75%)

They sent me home with a nice stipend along with a daily diary to record how I'm feeling every night (are you tired? have you felt feverish? are you coughing a lot?).

So I guess I'll hear back in the next week or so if I fit all the criteria. I'm sure I'll be fine, but I guess they have to go through all the wonderful formalities :)

I'm pretty excited to get this party started. Of course I hope I don't get placebo but that's all part of the game, right? Placebo or drug, I'm still helping to get this drug on the market!

Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment