We are here to extend our lives by THINKING DIFFERENT

Monday, June 14, 2010

Home sweet home


Hey guys,


I appreciate your kind words and support over the past week.

Luckily, the appendix surgery went well on the evening of 6/7. The Anesthesia and Vent did a number on my lungs, so I'm on 2 weeks of zozyn + cipro (it was zozyn+tobra by my ears began to ring so we did the switch-a-roo).

I'm home today to do IV's for another 7 days. I will definitely miss the nurses from the hospital doing my IV's for me at night...but I won't miss the gross food, hospital bugs, and yucky bed. Bleh.

So I'm going to see what I can draw on my belly from all of my scars from the inguinal hernia repair (2000), gallbladder removal (2005) and now appendix removal (2010). Connect the dots... la la la la!

Cheers to going to the ER on a Sunday night when you really don't want to and don't think you really need to.... you never know when the pesky appendix will decide to be cranky!

Oh yes.... that is the aforementioned appendix. The surgeon wouldn't save it for me to see, but promised pics. Here is one :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a badass. Hang in there. I'm following you now, btw. You are my cf- hero. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing better!

    Becky, Mom to Hayley, 6 with CF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you did fine! Missed ya. Keep working to get better.

    ReplyDelete