We are here to extend our lives by THINKING DIFFERENT

Monday, March 16, 2009

Yogurt over milk, please


So this article isn't necessarily CF specific, other than the fact that as CFer's age it's super important to avoid cancer so we can get a tx when the time comes (have to be cancer free for 5 years to get a tx at most centers).

I myself have replaced all the milk I drink with organic, plain (no sugar) yogurt mostly for the pro-biotic reasons (so many abx, so many yeast infections!!!). I mix my yogurt in my cereal and sprinkle a bit of honey to make it sweet (honey is one of the best sweetners).

But this article points out another reason why milk is really meant for children of breast-feeding age, not adults. I have a feeling organic milk is better than traditional, but there's still properties of organic milk that might not be so wonderful. Check it out....


http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/41720/title/Scientists_find_a_soup_of_suspects_while_probing_milk%E2%80%99s_link_to_cancer


Source of the study: National Cancer Institute.... the US Governments main cancer research arm

No comments:

Post a Comment